Getting Ready for School
If you're a mom of a kid with food allergies or celiac, the new school year can bring lots of nerves. You're wondering what to say to your teacher so they "get" how serious food allergies or celiac are. You can't stand the thought of a serious reaction happening to your child while out of your watchful eye. You don't want to spend your day worrying about whether your child will come into contact with their allergen or gluten. If this is you, then this package is for you.
You will learn:
*Seven things we need to know BEFORE we talk to our teacher.
*What's important for teachers to know and what will cause overwhelm (that's the last thing we want).
* Seven reasons we fail at creating supportive teachers, and how to succeed instead.
*An easy strategy for talking to teachers (and others!).
* The 2 critical goals we often forget which influence whether a teacher makes food allergies a priority in their classroom (get ready for an "AHA moment") .
* How to foster a relationship with your teachers and school so they are cheerleaders for your food allergy kids (its easier than you think!).
* What to teach your kids to keep THEMSELVES safe at school.
you will get:
*A 6-page printable package which includes a checklist of EXACTLY what to talk to your teacher and principal about. Package also includes action lists for after the meeting(s).
*An "Is This Food Friendly" tool. This one-page printable is perfect to help teachers, caregivers and family understand if a food is friendly when you're not there.
*A safer classroom for your child.
*A lower stress school year for you, your little one, and of course your teacher too! And this info can be reused for every teacher, every year.
*Membership into the Friendly Pantry Food Allergy Facebook Community where you will meet lots of engaged, Canadian moms who are in the same boat as you.
This package is "virtual friendly" and meetings can be done via Skype or phone, even if you don't live in Calgary!
What happens when you click "Book Now"?
- You will be brought to an online calendar where you will be able to schedule a free, 15 min consultation. This meeting will be via Skype or phone. We can also meet personally, if you are in Calgary at a coffee shop of your choice, if you prefer.
- After scheduling, watch for the confirmation email. This email will give you a link to a questionnaire regarding your food allergy information which should be completed prior to our call. This information will help us understand your needs. At the same time, you will also receive a list of prices for standard packages.
- On our call, we'll discuss your situation and how we can help you. We'll talk about the different packages and what might be beneficial to you. You'll be able to decide whether we are a good fit and if you would like to go ahead, we will discuss a start date and booking times. If during the call you feel we are not a good fit, we would be happy to help you find someone who is.
- After our call, you will receive a contract to sign. Payment for packages must be made at time of contract signing. If you are booking the Full Pantry, or a large custom package, you may pay in full, OR make a 50% deposit with the remaining to be paid at the halfway point of your package. Payment accepted includes major credit card, or e-transfer. More details about how to pay and timing will be included in your contract email.
- Package bookings can take place long distance via Skype, phone, or in person at a coffee shop of your choice, if you are in Calgary.
- All package bookings must be completed within a certain time frame, based on what package(s) you decide on, and consult time available. This timing will be noted on your contract. For example, one standard package will need to be completed within 2 weeks of contract signing, unless Friendly Pantry Consulting Inc. does not have times available that fit your needs. For the larger, more extensive packages such as the 5 appointment Full Pantry Package, you will have 10 weeks to complete all bookings required. If Friendly Pantry Consulting Inc. does not have sufficient booking time available, this will be discussed and package completion times will be adjusted accordingly. We recommend booking the same time every week-2 weeks until the packages are complete.